Once you've invested in your tattoo artwork, it's important to take care of it properly so that you may enjoy it for many years to come.
What to do after you get your tattoo:
1) Leave the bandage on 4 to 6 hours.
2) Soak the bandage off. Do not remove the bandage when dry.
3) Wash with a mild soap and pat dry.
4) Apply a very light amount of antibacterial ointment such as Bacitracin 4 to 5 times daily for 2 to 3 days... then for 2 to 3 weeks use a good lotion such as Curel, Lubriderm, or Nivea several times a day..
5) If any scabs form, do not pick at your tattoo.
6) Keep out of the sun and do not swim for 2 weeks.
7) After your tatttoo has healed, whenever you are in the sun, use a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 45 or higher. Avoid tanning beds or completely cover the tattoo prior to tanning...